Friday, April 17, 2015

REVEAL ~ TETHERED THROUGH TIME ~ B.A. DILLON

Title: Tethered Through Time
Series: Time #1
Author: B.A. Dillon
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 19, 2014

When it is time for souls to meet, there is nothing on earth that can prevent it from happening. That’s what Emma Finch realizes after her first encounter with Luke Myers. A confirmed bachelor and undercover cop, Luke has made his job his life. Since his first love died tragically in a car accident, Luke hasn’t been seriously interested in anyone … until he meets Emma. 

Emma is navigating life after her husband of 24 years dies suddenly. Her days as a middle school guidance counselor are filled with hormonal teenagers, while her nights are interrupted by a dream stuck on repeat. A chance meeting with the mystifying detective at a Memorial Day barbeque leaves Emma staring into the same grey eyes that haunt her slumber night after night. She knows her dream will unlock a mystery, and that it’s somehow tied to the tattooed, pierced law-enforcer. 

As Emma and Luke’s beautiful love story develops, Emma’s dreams become more frequent and frightening. She’s completely convinced that the enigmatic couple she dreams about each night shares an undeniable connection to Luke and his current undercover assignment. Emma and Luke’s bond is so powerful, they both wonder if maybe they’ve met before. What they learn is that time has a wonderful way of showing them what really matters, and that the universe works in mysterious ways.


This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. The plot twist alone is incredible. I am going to impatiently wait for the next book from this talented author. - Goodreads User
This was a sweet love story, with a past life twist - that will keep you guessing the whole way - and give you hope that there may be a chance for love a second time around. – Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Finally… characters I understand, with a twist that’s sure to blow your mind. – Amazon Customer

Chapter 10 – Luke – Just a Kiss Goodnight

Turning, I lay my arm across the back of our seat. “So how did you end up at the hospital tonight?” Without even realizing it, I drop my arm around Emma’s shoulder and begin to play with her hair at the nape of her neck. She follows by gently running her fingers over the ink on my forearm, tracing the pattern. Feeling her fingers along my skin is exhilarating, and I am completely caught up in her spell.

“Katie called me, and we all caravanned to the hospital,” she murmurs while setting her mug down.

“Who all came? You were the only one in the waiting room.”

“When Katie called, I was with our friends at The Last Supper. You met most of them at the barbeque earlier this summer. Every year, the night before we go back to work, to end our summer vacation, we celebrate with a big dinner together. It’s funny, right before she called we were just wondering what was keeping her. She never misses A Last Supper, and she’s never late. We were partying up a storm when Katie called to let me know about Shane. After everyone settled their checks, we drove over together. The ER would only allow one of us into the surgical waiting room. Katie wanted me to stay with her because her parents are out of town, so everyone else went home to wait. Once Shane was out of surgery and your captain ordered you to leave, Katie asked me to get you home. She said Shane would worry about you.”

“Did she now?” And without even giving it one thought I lean in and softly kiss her. Resting my forehead against hers I half expect her to pull back, but instead I hear a slight moan. I have to pause because that sound makes me want to dive in and ravish her. Her lips are incredibly soft, and she tastes like the minty tea we are drinking. Pulling her toward me I sprinkle a few light kisses from her lips to her ear and whisper, “You are just perfect. Thank you for being here for me tonight. I’m sure I’d be tearing shit up if I had gone straight home. I don’t want to push, but …”

“Luke … just kiss me already!” And with that I brush my lips over hers as gently as I can before diving in and branding her mouth like I need her to survive. My right hand comes up to cup her face, and I know now, I’m a goner. Soft. That’s what I’ll remember about tonight. Everything about her is soft to the touch, and I want to feel every inch of her. When her lips part, I take this as an invitation to wrap my tongue around hers, biting and sucking her lips until we both need to come up for air.





BA Dillon is a devoted wife and mother of two grown children, and a dedicated middle school teacher. Writing has always been an outlet for Dillon as she believes words are both powerful and magical. Tethered Through Time is Dillon’s debut novel, with two companion novels on the horizon. Dillon also writes a monthly column, “Turn the Page,” for the magazine 85 South, Out and About. As an avid, passionate reader Dillon gets deeply invested in books, especially if they are full of great dialogue between believable characters. She loves music, words, books, and martinis!








HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment