Thursday, April 30, 2015

RELEASE ~ TETHERED THROUGH TIME ~ B.A. DILLON


Title: Tethered Through Time
Series: Time #1
Author: B.A. Dillon
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 19, 2014

When it is time for souls to meet, there is nothing on earth that can prevent it from happening. That’s what Emma Finch realizes after her first encounter with Luke Myers. A confirmed bachelor and undercover cop, Luke has made his job his life. Since his first love died tragically in a car accident, Luke hasn’t been seriously interested in anyone … until he meets Emma. 

Emma is navigating life after her husband of 24 years dies suddenly. Her days as a middle school guidance counselor are filled with hormonal teenagers, while her nights are interrupted by a dream stuck on repeat. A chance meeting with the mystifying detective at a Memorial Day barbeque leaves Emma staring into the same grey eyes that haunt her slumber night after night. She knows her dream will unlock a mystery, and that it’s somehow tied to the tattooed, pierced law-enforcer. 

As Emma and Luke’s beautiful love story develops, Emma’s dreams become more frequent and frightening. She’s completely convinced that the enigmatic couple she dreams about each night shares an undeniable connection to Luke and his current undercover assignment. Emma and Luke’s bond is so powerful, they both wonder if maybe they’ve met before. What they learn is that time has a wonderful way of showing them what really matters, and that the universe works in mysterious ways.


This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. The plot twist alone is incredible. I am going to impatiently wait for the next book from this talented author. - Goodreads User
This was a sweet love story, with a past life twist - that will keep you guessing the whole way - and give you hope that there may be a chance for love a second time around. – Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Finally… characters I understand, with a twist that’s sure to blow your mind. – Amazon Customer

Chapter 16 – Luke

I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You 

“Emma, come with us. Scott and I want you to sing with us tonight!” Rebecca grabs Emma’s hand and begins to drag her onto the stage. Looking back at me, she can only shrug her shoulders and smile. I have absolutely no idea what to expect once they’re on stage, but everyone in our party is watching the two of us very closely.

Emma is front and center on stage flanked on both sides by Scott and Rebecca. When the music begins, Emma looks at both of them with a shock and trepidation. It’s obvious she knows the music and she seems a little irritated with her friends for choosing it. Rebecca begins to sing the opening, but then stops, encouraging Emma to continue the song. Beginning the song quietly, she seems a little nervous. After the first few lines though, her voice picks up and she sings every word loud and clear. And here’s the thing, her eyes never leave mine. Not once. She’s singing this song to me. The words begin to sound familiar as she sings a few lines about seeing her future and finding her best friend. As the chorus begins, I clearly remember this is the Savage Garden song, I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You.

Still seated, I’m fixated on my girl. I can’t move. My smile is so big my face actually hurts. Her voice is a bit timid, but very sweet and completely intoxicating. I think Shane just punched me and he’s laughing. Katie just gave me a few pats on my back, but I can’t shake my gaze away from Emma.

When Emma begins the second verse I know she’s telling me she’s loves me. But this is her birthday – so I have to tell her tonight. As she nears the end of the second verse, I’m up and out of my seat. I walk to the stage and stand directly in front of her. I’m not even sure I remember anyone else is in the room and I’m pretty sure Emma’s forgotten about the rest of the world, too. She no longer seems embarrassed about singing at all – and I’m one hundred percent sure she’s singing every word of this song directly to me.

When the second chorus begins, I’m not exactly sure how to explain what comes over me. Emma and her friends haven’t finished the song yet, but I know the moment is now. Emma’s eyes follow me the entire way as I reach for her. As soon as there is a break in the chorus, I pull her from her perch and drop the microphone on the stage. With my arms firmly wrapped around her, I drag her around to a corner spot between the kitchen and bathrooms. I know, not the most romantic spot – but this cannot wait. Pushing her firmly against the wall, I cannot get enough of her. My tongue rams its way into her mouth and she responds with the same level urgency. For the next minute, I have a full-on make-out session with my girl. 

In the hall.

Next to the bathrooms. 

In a bar. 

And I still cannot get enough of her. I can still hear her friends singing the end of the song and others asking over the music where I took her. My time is running out. It’s now or never. My heart feels like it’s going to beat right out of my chest and I can’t seem to find enough air for my lungs. “Emma … I … damn!” And my tongue is in her mouth again. Slowing my kisses, I pull my hands up to cup her face and pause briefly to find my composure. “Emma … I … I love you. I didn’t realize how much until tonight. You mean everything to me. I know this has happened really fast, but I know this is right. I love you, sweetheart – so much.”

Kissing me tenderly on the lips, her mouth breaks into a full megawatt smile, “Luke, honey, best birthday gift ever! I love you, too.”








BA Dillon is a devoted wife and mother of two grown children, and a dedicated middle school teacher. Writing has always been an outlet for Dillon as she believes words are both powerful and magical. Tethered Through Time is Dillon’s debut novel, with two companion novels on the horizon. Dillon also writes a monthly column, “Turn the Page,” for the magazine 85 South, Out and About. As an avid, passionate reader Dillon gets deeply invested in books, especially if they are full of great dialogue between believable characters. She loves music, words, books, and martinis!











Release: May 7, 2015



HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment