Thursday, June 11, 2015

RELEASE ~ MORE THAN A FLING ~ AMBER NATION


Title: More Than A Fling
Series: A Cottage Grove Novel
Author: Amber Nation
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 9, 2015
Julia Caldwell has long since mastered the art of seduction in order to catch the only thing on her radar; one night stands. Having two failed marriages under her belt, she’s learned to keep her feelings in check and remain aloof, not wanting to get caught up in another pesky relationship only for it to end eventually in heartache. As the manager of a prestigious Hair Salon in Nashville, she succeeds in keeping the opposite sex at arms-length except when it suits her and her needs. That is until she lands on Cottage Grove soil.

Dean Parker has just as many failed marriages against him, and with being a divorce lawyer it eventually has him thinking that’s why his conquests always fall through, due to his occupation. After seeing his two childhood friends rekindle their flame and earning the happily ever after he so desperately craves, he decides to give up. That it’s not worth the heartache he’s been put through. Until he meets the snarky spitfire who gets under his skin.

Throwing the two of them together in the same town for the wedding of their best friends, Julia isn’t against having another fling, even if it is with Dean, but he definitely has other plans of making it more than that. Amongst their non-defined affair, lurking somewhere in the darkness is a shadow from one of their pasts who will stop at nothing to make sure that happily ever after’s stay where they belong, in the fairy tales.




The auction finally ended and I looked up to find Dean jumping down from the stage and rapidly stalking in my direction. Instead of him being happy about me outbidding everyone and donating to an amazing cause, he had a murderous glare on his face.
“Oh shit,” I heard Baylor mutter.
Oh shit was right. I quickly rose from my seat and ran up to him to try and defuse the situation. What started out as a silly prank and the evidence of my jealousy, ended up hurting him and I had no one to blame but myself for putting that thunderous look on his face. My chest ached for believing I hurt him.
He continued storming forward until we were nose to nose and I had no other choice but to walk backwards to avoid being run over.
His steps didn’t falter until I was completely pressed flat up against the wall and his arms came up around me, boxing me in so I couldn’t move. He gave me no option other than accepting the brutal tongue lashing that was about to be bestowed upon me.
Dean’s chest was heaving up and down, his labored breathing matching my own, and his eyes were narrowed at me. “What the fuck kind of game are you getting at here?” He spat in my face through his clenched teeth. My heart was beating so fast in my chest that I swore he could hear it, hell, maybe even the entire room could hear it. I couldn’t form a coherent thought as my eyes flicked from his lips back up to his eyes. He didn’t skip a beat as he pushed his groin into me and it was clearly evident that this little encounter was turning him on. A loud moan managed to slip from my lips as his hard length pressed into my belly.
I hadn’t ever been a fan of voyeurism, but I was practically ready to beg him to lift up my dress and fuck me right there, audience be damned.
“Are you finished being a bitch and trying to ward me off?” He gently brushed his nose across mine, “I promise you it’ll be explosive.” His breath skimmed my ear and just as I thought he was about to dip his head down and press his lips to mine, he took a step back, turned on his heels and began walking away from me, seemingly unaffected.






Amber is a stay at home mom currently residing in Southern Indiana with her husband and two beautiful daughters. If she’s not shopping, going to concerts or  roadtrips, or having her nose stuck in a book you’ll often find her at the ball field watching one of the numerous sports that her girls are involved in.

She is the author of the contemporary romance Brown County Series, titles include Not Alone, Runaway Love, How To Save A Life, and Unconditionally (M/M). And Cottage Grove series, More Than A Memory.






HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment